1 post tagged Challenges
- Relatively weak cloud services
- A less than optimal approach to Internet services
- A bad track record with social products
- Difficulties with big acquisitions
- An apparent lack of awareness that Apple has some big problems
Apple is slow at improving iCloud services. I must agree. Maps? MobileMe? Not the best things Apple made. On Apple and social networks. I don’t thing they have to be in social networks themselve (Ping?) but I do think they have to open iOS in order to allow social networks interfacing at the operating system level. Apple isn’t interested in big acquisitions and Tim Cook said they want to be able to manage company culture integration which is harder with big acquisitions. That being said, even smaller acquisitions may not produce results: Chomp, Lala are two examples. Lastly, I do think that Apple is well aware of their weeknesses. Just listen to Tim Cook comments during financial conference call. He knows. They know. They move at their pace, not at ours.