2 posts tagged Disrupt
1. Without Jobs, Apple doesn’t know how to think outside the box.
How can someone think that a company like Apple relies on a single man like Steve Jobs in order to innovate? Writing things like that shows how much one cannot really understand how Apple works.
2. Apple’s innovation days are numbered.
Yep. Just like everyone’s life. Simple truth. But, who really care right now? Apple is still pushing really hard for hardware innovations. It shows. Just look at the iPhone 5 or the new iMac.
3. Apple wants to control everything — still.
Yes and no. They can control their agenda. They won’t let anyone dictate what is important or isn’t. So yes, they want full control. Yes the iOS ecosystem is a curated one. The iBookstore is also a curated one. This is part of Apple’s DNA to offer a cohesive, integrated user experience. In order to achieve that, you have to control quite a few things. But hey, look at the rumors for the past year about the iPhone 5. They lost control of the supply chain for sure.
4. Apple doesn’t truly care about working conditions at the plants in Asia that produce its products.
Apple care as much as the general population do. If we really wanted to care, those jobs would be in the US. Not in China. And you know why.
5. Apple’s growth isn’t sustainable.
Yep. Doesn’t take an economist to confirm that.