2 posts tagged MacBook Pro
Why is Apple not offering LTE network option on their MacBook line? This is mystery to me.
My notes and impressions on today’s Apple Keynote.
The presentation running time was a bit short today. Less than 90 minutes. Tim Cook and Phil Schiller were in great shape and did have a few jokes which was showing gave a relaxed tone to the presentation. This was a three segments keynotes: Apple Updates, The Mac, The iPad.
Apple Updates. About 15 minutes.
- There is something magical about this iPhone 5 launch video. But no new sales numbers.
- 3 millions sold of iPod (new ones)
- iOS: 200 millions iOS 6 devices!
- 150 millions docs in the cloud
- iMessages: 300 millions MSG!!! 28k/sec!!!
- Photo Stream 70 millions photo shared
- 35 billions apps downloaded
- 6.5 billions paid to devs
- 1.5 millions books, 400 millions downloaded
- iBooks 3.0 announced: infinite scrolling, without much enthusiasm. This was a minor announcement imho.
The Mac. About 25 minutes.
- Nothing special about the Mac mini. Just an internal update. Same kind of pricing. Still 599$. Wish it as cheaper.
- The 13” Retina Display MacBook Pro took a large part of this segment. Portable are that important to Apple’s bottom line.
- The new iMac. What a gorgeous computer. Wow! I want one.
- The Fusion Drive is THE little surprise here. Seems to be software based. Nothing in hardware. OS X migrate rarely used files to cheaper, slower media.
The iPad. About 30 minutes.
- 100 millions sold in just about 2.5 years. Impressive.
- iBooks Author updated: portrait templates, embadded fonts, multitouch widgets, math formula edition, book updates, available today
- 4th gen iPad! A6X processor! 2x times faster, new ISP, FaceTime HD, 2x faster wifi, same price. Wow, Apple seems to break the yearly upgrade cycle here. The iPad 5 next fall?
- iPad mini: wonderful design! Very iPhone 5 like, A5 CPU, FaceTime hd, 5MP camera, LTE, faster wifi, 10 hours battery life, 329$, iPad 2 still around (surprise here).
- The iPad mini ad is very nice and clever!
- iPad mini maybe a bit too pricey… 299$ was a psychological barrier. Let see how the market will vote on this.
- No iTunes 11. Huh?
- Overall, very delighted by the sum of all the announcements. Apple still has the pewer to design powerful, delightful and best devices on earth.
What are your impressions?